28 Apr 40 – THE BIRTHDAY LIST
The birthday list. Oh boy the list. So much has happened with the power of the list. That I let it scare me. I let the fear creep in. The voices take over.
Sheeeeeeesh. I’ve been sitting on this post for a month!.
Hover. Over. Publish.
“If all the goodness has happened, how can it continue to happen?.” & “Who are you to ask for such things?”
Also… who cares anyway? How does it come across to someone reading? Greedy? Arrogant? As it’s not meant to be either.
Only meant to inspire and let you know there is power in making a wish/dream/intention. That it’s ok to do that. That by writing it down, you can make space for it to happen. It might not totally work out. There are no guarantees. But the journey to it will be enough.
So I hover over publish. And the post stays in draft.
In fact, it would still be here now. If I hadn’t let the demons go. And yes, some will think its nonsense. Most won’t even care. Or ever read it.
For me, the list must be set free. It can’t stay in the notes of my to-do list on my iPhone.
If putting the list out there has helped some of the previous things in past years happen come true, I shouldn’t mess with that. Right?
And if I’m scared to press publish, that’s probably means I should. Hmmmmm?
Some of these things were written at the beginning of the year for Kim’s 14 things in 2014. But I prefer this time of year – spring and my birthday – to make plans rather than January.
My list. Drum roll.
Just some life wishes and creative dreams.
I know there to be power in writing it down and setting it free. So I’m going for it. Perhaps you’ll try too or have you written your own lists before, maybe even this year… do let me know I’m not alone in this.
My “Yes please” 40 birthday list.
- Be open for an abundance of opportunities to do what I love doing – photographing families, maternity and new babies. Making films for other people would be a magic bonus. Blogging and travel too… Yes please.
- To make my fitness a real priority.
- For my current courses to be full of people, all sharing this passion together and telling stories from all around the world.
- Go find and play in a poppy field.
- For a new course to be created. On my site and maybe on a different site with a new wider audience.
- For adventuring, exploring and travel to manifest and flourish for us all and for the world to educate us and for my cameras to capture it all.
- Go on a trip to nourish my creative spark, with Kim. California is calling us and we’d love to make it happen.
- To be paid what I think I’m worth.
- To give back.
- For our love to grow stronger. For kindness to prevail and gratitude remain strong. For good health and strong bodies to equip us all this year.
- Go to a summer festival & dance in a field.
- For turning 40 to be smooth, graceful and the next big thing to happen.
- For the dream job to land… the one that’s in my head with sponsorship or brand connection perhaps.
- To hang out with my people.
- For money to be there without worry and concern.
- For Luke stay on his path and find success, comfort and courage within it.
- Let the boys to grow independent with caring attitudes. To be kind to each other and mean it. To be safe out there in the world beyond our reach.
- To make films of our life. One of the summer. Coz last year was epic.
- Take my yellow bike on adventures beyond London.
- Let our real home to buy to present itself and to soon have a roof we love over our heads and to be able to afford it and feel safe & happy there. Can the huge deposit land in our laps?.
- For the fears and worries to dissolve. To believe in myself and what I can achieve. To go for it and be all in.
- To share my passions and inspire in person. Workshops, retreats, photo walks or talks. It’s daunting and exciting at the same time, I’m up for it.
- To walk hand in hand in Barcelona.
- Laugh till I cry.
- Stay at the Parker Hotel in Palm Springs or the Wythe in New York.
- To have watching underwear.
- To photograph a look book or make a promo film for a clothing label.
- Practice yoga again. Regularly. Each year this gets shelved. Not this one.
- Gather 40 portraits of me – taken by myself or other people. So I exist in photos.
- See live music.
- Take a trip to NYC.
- Hire a VW van for a road trip anywhere. With my boys.
- Redesign my blog & re-brand my business – anyone want to help me?
- To visit Morocco
- To be treated to a new wardrobe of clothes, that I’m happy to wear everyday. I never have money to buy myself things, this I’d like to change.
- Focus. Get a better workflow. Try to not get distracted.
- Grow flowers.
- A trip with my ladies.
- Work & collaborate with some fantastic people.
- Be kind and work hard.
I’d like to carry forward anything not achieved on previous lists.
Let’s see how I get on!