13 Aug REASONS TO LOVE INSTAGRAM
Many years ago I declared I Love Instagram… My love still holds true today.
Here’s why –
1. It’s a visual journal of my life… the things I do and see…. the places we go and adventures we have. When I swipe through my feed it’s like watching the past four years flash in front of me – the best kind of “Time Capsule”.
2. In terms of my work, it’s my most current portfolio – where I can share my favourite photos & films both professionally and personally. By sharing what I love to shoot, I can set the intention to shoot more of it.
3. There’s constant inspiration – you can find people who share similar work or be inspired by something different. For example I follow other Londoners and people sharing their family adventures – but I also enjoy the creativity of designers, makers and people travelling the world… oh and florists!
4. If you’re stuck in a rut or want to step out of your comfort zone – you can join in photo challenges or hashtag projects. See what your favourite accounts are joining in with, or some might even be running their own hashtags. Creating alongside a prompt can push you to shoot something different or see things in a new way.
5. The Instagram community is one of the most supportive and encouraging group of creatives you’ll find. Your people are on there, you just need to seek them out.
Yes, I’m pretty passionate about Instagram – so much so I’m collaborating with the brilliant Kim Klassen on a brand new online course – Instaguide – We’re going to share how we use Instagram for our creative growth and to boost our businesses… plus loads of tips, tricks and inspiration to get started and get more from our favourite app.
All the details are HERE – We’re starting next week and we’re super excited!
How about a giveaway?! – If you’d like to win a place on our course, let me know why you love Instagram – just leave a comment here or over on my post on Instagram – for two chances to win! I’ll pick the random winner on Sunday, just in time for the course to begin…