- I believe our everyday moments are precious and the stories of our lives are worth remembering.
- I think it’s important to capture and hold onto these moments. I make time capsules of photos and videos of my life and now you can start to do it. Let’s call it a gift for yourself. A way to combine the endless photos and footage we take of “stuff” we do everyday.
- This course will set you on a journey of discovery and inspiration so that you can make your own, delightful, memory-evoking time capsules. A little pocket of time, packaged up in a neat movie, using what medium (photos or video) suits you, for you to enjoy and share forever.
We will look at shooting with the intention of creating a story and/or a time capsule. When you shoot with this intention you will approach it differently.
- I will share some of the tips of how & why I shoot and inspire you with ideas of how to take the step into photographing and filming your moments.
- We will look at the different techniques of capturing your moments using photos and video and advice on culling footage & storyboarding to enhance your editing.
- I work in iMovie primarily, offering tips and showing you how I approach editing in this package. With the use of voiceovers of my films and tutorial screencasts, we will look at the basics of what I know in iMovie… how I approach editing my movies to give you the kickstart to go play and practice yourself. There will be the opportunity to look at Windows Movie maker, I will talk you through the starting points of this program and will show you how to apply some of the features you will have seen me use in iMovie.
Sound good? You will find creating time capsules will open your eyes to a whole new world of possibilities. Please take a look at some previous participants work.
So if you want to take a dip into video, photos slideshows and combining them both? Please join here….
Registration is currently closed while this class is being updated…
For more details about when it will open again, please join my mailing list.
- Project one – Let’s begin gently by creating a photo slideshow – shooting a story through photos and editing into a slideshow with accompanying music. I will offer some photographing techniques to bring movement to your still images.
- Project two – We will take our first step into video capture. There will be tips and advice to set you on this journey. We will examine shooting, selecting footage, and editing it together.
- Project three – By taking everything we have gathered and learnt from the first two projects, you will be ready to create a time capsule using both photos and video… this is where the magic starts.
You will need -
- to set as side some time to shoot and edit for the projects.
- the ability to shoot photos and video, any camera can be used, as long as you are familiar with it or willing to practice and play. I won’t be covering any technical aspects of cameras. The shooting part of the course is inspirational, offering tips and guidance of how and what to shoot. Please feel free to use your favourite camera, whether it’s a DSLR, or hand-held video recorder or even an iphone or you can use a combination of cameras!.
- access to the internet to view the course content
- a computer with an editing program, this isn’t a technical editing class as such. It will offer an introduction to editing showing you the basics and sharing tips, enabling you to take the leap and discover more. I will be showing you how I work in iMovie (mac) and we will look a little bit at Windows moviemaker. You can, of course, use another program, some of the advice and tips can be transferred easily.