I believe in telling stories.
I love taking photos & shooting videos and combining these to make Time Capsule films – films of my stories, our memories and our everyday…
I believe this is a gift to myself, my family and others.
How would you like to do the same?
The online course Creating Time Capsules as been extended & adapted this summer into something SPECIAL.
Creating Time Capsules - A JOURNEY is a combination of two of my courses – giving you a chance to make Time Capsule films & take photos to print for a real Time Capsule box.
It’s packed with simple project ideas. Plenty of tips & inspiration of what & how to shoot through photography & video – to make films packed with memories to have for years to come + encouragement to print photos to hold in your hand, and make a real life Time Capsule. It will ignite your creativity and be the starting point for you to carry on making these movies & capturing photos as part of your everyday life.
The biggest thing I’ve learnt teaching both Creating Time Capsules & TANGIBLE Time Capsules, is that people love making films & taking photos as much as I do. Sometimes they would just like MORE inspiration, MORE time & space to create… so this SPECIAL course has been created & extended to 10 weeks giving us more time to PLAY!
Everyone has a story to tell – your projects can be of your everyday life and family, and it can also be just about YOU, where you live, what you like to do… Or you can take time this summer to capture all the things you get up to.
Creating Time Capsules – A JOURNEY is about taking photos & making films spaced over 10 weeks - a gentle nudge to create again and create often, so you can have some wonderful memories of this time
You will be part of a community all with the same goal – to tell the stories through photos and video. When we do things together, we become accountable. You will have each other to share ideas and more importantly inspire each other. This is huge.
Let’s explore different projects and subjects. Let’s examine story telling and finding our voice and the different ways we can capture our memories.
During the course I will highlight projects I’ve created… Show you how I shot it & edited it. Either by sharing my process step by step or the key points to spark you with your projects.
There will be opportunities to shoot your stories and create the films the way you want too. These techniques can be used to make films not just of your life, but for your blog or to promote your business or anything you can imagine.
So… how does it all work?
Over the course there will be the opportunity to create various films & photo projects. The photos & the films will be made by you, using any kind of camera… I’ll be sharing examples of films made with a DSLR and on the iPhone…
- There will be guidance for shooting, with tips & examples of what you can shoot and how to approach certain aspects (some of this material will be from my other courses). There will be plenty of simple projects ideas to spark your creativity, through experimentation & play.
- Video tutorials, sharing basic shooting tips will guide you through the course, with lots of information to get you creating films & photo projects from start to finish.
- For the film editing – I will work in iMovie primarily, offering tips and showing you how I approach editing in this program. With the use of voiceovers of my films and tutorial screencasts, we will look at the basics of iMovie… how I approach editing my movies to give you the kickstart to go play and practice yourself.
- The schedule and the amount of projects you complete will be set by you – you can decide to make a film every week, do a photo project every couple of weeks, or even make one whole film over the course. All the project ideas and inspiration will be available at the start of the course, and you can work at your own pace. It’s up to you… I will guide and encourage you along the way.
- Your finished film projects will be shared in a Vimeo group, where participants can interact and ask questions in the forum area.
- Regular emails of encouragement will support you along the way (details of these once the course begins)
- The next course will run for 10 weeks – Wed 11th June – 20th Aug 2014 (Access to the course material will be available for a further 6 months after the finish date.)
- Fee - £77 - For currency exchange rates please visit - xe.com
Sound good? You will find this course will open your eyes to a whole new world of possibilities.
So if you want to take a dip into photography, video, photos slideshows and combining them both? Purchase your place on the course here….
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED AS THE COURSE HAS BEGUN
For a special alumni rate if you’ve taken the previous Creating Time Capsules courses – please email me – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please join my mailing list to receive more details about future courses.
- to set aside some time to shoot and edit for the projects.
- You don’t need to have taken the original Creating Time Capsules course. You will have access to all the relevant materials from this course to help you on this journey. If you taken my courses before, then this is a chance to refresh yourself and continue creating.
- the ability to shoot photos and video. Any camera can be used, if you’re not that familiar with it, you’ll need time practice and play. I won’t be covering technical aspects of specific cameras. The shooting part of the course offers tips and guidance on how and what to shoot. Please feel free to use your favourite camera, whether it’s a DSLR, or hand-held video recorder or even an iPhone…or a combination.
- a computer with an editing program. This isn’t a technical editing class. It will offer an introduction to editing, showing you the basics and sharing tips; enabling you to take the leap and discover more. I will be showing you how I work in iMovie (Mac). I won’t be sharing tutorials in Windows programs, but you are welcome to edit in it and there are plenty of other online tutorials to assist you. You can, of course, use another program, a lot of the advice and tips can be easily transferred.
- access to the internet to view the course content. There will be a private group in Vimeo to share our films/projects and ask questions and share ideas.
- and lastly, but probably most importantly… a commitment to create and capture your stories and adventures.
Some questions that might be going through your mind….
I only have an iPhone or mobile device; can I make films with this?
Absolutely! Simple films can be created with these devices. They’re great to play around with, and it’s often the camera we have with us most of the time.
I’ve never shot video on my DSLR, will there be technical advice for this?
I will be sharing how I shoot and the course will share tips of what to shoot; composition ideas and shot lists. There will be plenty of encouragement to play and experiment. This class won’t show the ins and outs of shooting with a DSLR… There are plenty of online tutorials to get you started.
I have never edited a video before, will I be able to follow along?
Yes, I will share tutorials for working in iMovie. All this information should be enough for you to get started. I won’t be working in Windows Moviemaker… again, there are plenty of online tutorials available to help you with this and you’re welcome to use any editing program you are familiar with.
Do I have to have children to take part in this course?
No, you don’t have to have children to take part. Most of my films contain my children, because they are part of the memories I want to hold on to… but if you’d like to take part as an individual, and tell your individual stories… we welcome you with open arms.
How is this course different from your other courses?
This class is an extended version of the Creating Time Capsules course with some elements from TANGIBLE Time Capsules… there will be a mix of new and previous materials from these courses. Being part of this class, means you will be part of the community that gathers together… previous classes have shown me, this is a wonderful experience as there is so much inspiration to gain from each others projects.
Is there a course schedule? What projects will we be doing?
The course schedule will be created by YOU – you can decide what and how many projects you want to create. If you want an idea of the type of projects we do – take a look at the course description for the original course here - we’ll do these and so much more!
Is there a set time to be in class? Do I have to stick to deadlines for the projects?
Everyone works at different paces, so there is no set time to be in the online space or deadlines to complete your film. Once the course begins, you can work through the material at your own pace, and submit your projects into the Vimeo whenever you choose. During the course there is the opportunity to create as many films as you’d like…. it’s up to you.
I’d like to take part, but I don’t want to share my films of my family & children online?
The class community happens in a private group in Vimeo, within our group private films to still be added and are visible to only members of the group. Having said that, it is also possible to take part and not share any of your work. You’re welcome to be part of the group to view other members work, to get inspired and to ask questions, with no pressure to share…
I’m not sure I have enough time to create films?
Life is busy, with work and life commitments. I know this! But I know when I make pockets of time to do creative projects; the rewards are HUGE! A lot of these projects can be tackled in a small amount of time… how much time you put into the course is up to you.
If you have any further questions… pop me an email - email@example.com
Some of my recent films are below….